Far away life

I have been catching glimpses of the life I want and it is pulling at my heart so much that it has become an obsession. I will see a garage door slid open and find myself wandering off.

A large open stretch of grass and lose myself in thought. I am dreaming of my far away life almost constantly. I can't be the only person this happens to.

 It is funny how your wants and desires change as you get older. I grew up in Brooklyn and then in South Florida. I have always been surrounded by hustle and bustle, diversity, concrete and people far too close. With it has come overworked, overtired and over stressed. And I am just over it.

 I want simple. I want a piece of land where my kids can roam. A simple house where we sleep and eat- but not where we just live alongside each other. I want a home. I want a place my babies will come back to for holidays and one day bring their own families. I want roots that feel solid and content to be growing there. I want a slid open garage door where you will often find my husband working on projects that fill his creative spirit. I want an open stretch of grass where my oldest daughter tends to chickens, my middle daughter sings to her hearts content, my youngest daughter enjoys her dream treehouse and my son fights off "bad guys" he sees only in his giant imagination.

 I want simple. I am tired of waiting to get it. I am tired of working towards it. I want to make it happen. I am ready for 2018 to be the year I find my far away life.


Comments

Popular Posts