Pity Bench

I have been sitting on the pity bench a bit lately. For a few reasons I suppose- I have been sick (along with most of my household), I cant seem to find motivation to stick with eating better, starting to look and feel old, some uncertainty with work, financial stress that comes with work uncertainty, decision to stay in South Florida another year, Tony's work schedule that leaves me alone with the kids a lot, and just random daily, mom-of-4 life stuff. So, I am sitting on the bench. This too shall pass.

But the other night, Tony and I ran out to grab some dinner. I have been uninterested in giving a shit about my appearance so my hair was clipped up and messy, I had on a huge zipped up hoodie (it was 80 degrees outside) and leggings. I haven't worn makeup or even put lotion on my old, tired face in over a week. I am not at my best. Yet, my rough around the edges husband, looked at me and said "you are so pretty. Your face is really very pretty."

Me, with my ever present inability to take a compliment, laughed a bit and said "yeah, right. Thanks" and then said some comment about telling a chunky girl that she has a pretty face is terrible. Ugh, why do I do that?!?!

I need to find my way off this damn bench and perk up. And learn how to take a compliment. I am so sorry, babe. My most sincere hope is that you always look across the table and think I am pretty. I know I often look over and am in disbelief that I get to be your wife.

Comments

Popular Posts